What are some ways people try to find out their future?
- How do you respond to the idea of God having a plan for you?
- What are the ways that God speaks to people today? Have you experienced this?
- How do you feel about the idea of being guided by God? Is that comforting or scary?
- Does anyone think they might have experienced God’s guidance in the last few weeks?
- What should we do if we believe we have made a mess of our lives?
- Nicky talked about 5 ways in which God speaks to people today. Have you ever experienced any of these?
a) Commanding Scripture – through reading the Bible
b) Compelling Spirit – as an impression/desire on your heart
c) Common Sense – thinking rationally & practically about a situation
d) Counsel of Saints – through the advice/feedback from godly Christians
e) Circumstantial Signs – as God opens doors/closes doors
- What suggestions would you make to someone who was looking for a “spiritual advisor”?
- What should we do when the answer we need from God is taking a long time?
- What should we do if we have made a “mess of our lives”?
- What is your biggest take away from today?